Wood is the key construction material of the future. Sawmilling industry supplies sustainable wood construction products and other applications which are produced out of the renewable raw material. At FinScan, we develop automated grading solutions for the sawmill industry that increase the efficiency and productivity of production. In this development, artificial intelligence and machine learning play a key role. Our solutions are always based on our customer’s real needs and we open-mindedly try new solutions. We are part of a larger group where product development is done together with specialists around the world. We are now looking for
to join our team
Your Key Responsibility
Experiment with different machine learning / deep learning approaches to improve timber defect detection accuracy. Collaborate with software engineers to integrate machine learning models into production environment, as well as monitoring model performance.
We expect from you
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning.
- Knowledge of computer vision tasks, especially object detection and semantic segmentation.
- Solid knowledge in Python programming language.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming language.
- Experience with CUDA programming. Knowledge about CuDNN, CuBLAS is a plus.
- Good understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
We consider as a bonus
- Experience of deploying machine learning models in production.
- Basic understanding about Agile development process, unit testing, continuous integration.
- Knowledge and experience with ML flow and/or machine learning lifecycle management approach is a plus.
Experience level 1-3 years
What we can offer to you
- interesting and versatile tasks in dynamic international environment
- challenging R&D projects
- great working atmosphere and colleagues
- competitive salary and benefits
- flexible working hours
We don’t expect you to be a seasoned professional with long work experience. What is most important is that you are willing and eager to learn new things and enthusiastic for AI ja machine learning. As a person you are responsible, flexible and able to work both individually and in teams.