Extensive board end quality control
EndSpy is a board end analyzer for sawmill applications in green grading, final grading or remanufacturing plants. The EndSpy system has good correlation with Modulus of Elasticity (MOE) and Modulus of Rupture (MOR) strength values.
EndSpy’s camera system utilizes modern and fast image analysis technology to determine the value of sawn timber on the production line. EndSpy uses LED lights and a very short exposure time for photographing the images, taken in rapid succession of the end of lumber pieces passing by. It then analyzes the images to calculate the maximum and mean annual growth rings, and to find the pith, visible or not, and end splits as well as blue stain and rot in the ends.
EndSpy can easily be combined with our BoardMaster grading system, but it can also be used as a stand-alone analyzer of green or dry lumber.
- distance of the annual rings
- pith position
- 3X and 4X inner piece separation
- Percentage of blue stain and rot from the board end
- Total length of end cracks
- ratio of summer wood / spring wood
- grain direction: vertical grain / flat grain
- color matrix camera
- LED lights
- operating speed up to 240 boards/minute
- Windows 10 operating system
- dimensions 600 x 420 x 500 mm
- distance to object adjustable within 200 – 400 mm